Monday, February 22, 2021

A Decent Practice

 A decent practice today, 89% scoring 8 or above (yesterday it was 92%). My average for the month so far is 88%. I would like to get the average up to 90%. The importance of this is that it indicates how tight is the "scatter" of my shots. However, the odd mistake is always going to creep in, so it will be difficult to improve this percentage much more.

Perhaps a better indicator of progress is going to be the percentage of my "gold" shots. At the moment I have an average of 60% scoring 9's and 10's.

I am shooting instinctively. The biggest difficulty is in not "correcting" myself and over-thinking what I am doing. My best shots follow from when I draw the arrow into position - and then succeed in concentrating on the target while trusting my hand and eye to co-ordinate and do the rest! I have noticed that scoring a very high percentage of 8+ shots is not necessarily accompanied by a higher percentage of very good shots to the center of the target! I suspect that this is a result of being too "careful", rather than trusting my instincts!

No comments: