Thursday, February 18, 2021

A Little Improvement!

 Archery practice today was just a little bit better. For some reason, yesterday's felt "flat"! I was going through the motions, hitting my targets with reasonable accuracy, but it still felt a bit "off".

One clue to how well I am shooting is the flight of the arrow. It should be smooth, without discernible "wiggle" and should go into the target straight, not at an angle. When it doesn't, it usually means my release was poor - effectively I have pushed or dragged the nock a little to one side. I might still be quite accurate but consistency suffers. Today, at least some of the shots felt right - I was focused on the target (rather than thinking consciously about what I was doing), the release was smooth and the flight straight! Now I just have to keep doing that!

No comments: