Sunday, February 28, 2021

Frustrating!


 In some ways it has been a very frustrating month! For the first half I was shooting well and quite consistently. It was cold and I was using my improvised "winter shooting gloves". The right hand consists of a normal - but rather light - archery glove inside put inside of a gardening glove to which I had sewn some leather to protect my fingers. Works well! But the weather has got warmer and these gloves are no longer comfortable.

Unfortunately, my bought archery gloves are a bit too light for the bows I am using now. I have tried tabs - don't like these - and several others. I also experimented with various ways of giving my fingers extra protection, sewing on extra leather, etc. Then I tried pushing one too light shooting glove inside another - this actually worked for most of last year. But now the outer glove has become rather worn and the reinforcing leather at the tips is beginning to catch on the string. Can still get in some very good shots (as above) but I am also seeing an increase in poor shots and I can sometimes feel a roughness in the release. Overall, not shooting that badly - just not as good as earlier! I think I can do better!

I have ordered a new glove which should be heavier, but it will probably be a couple of weeks before it arrives!

No comments: